Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hedwig and the Angry Inch Film

My dear friend Pat and I went to see Hedwig and the Angry Inch last Saturday night. I have never seen the film but I was in NYC when it was playing off-broadway and was well aware that it was a big underground hit.

It was sold out that night and we were very lucky to score the Hedwig and the Angry Inch tickets at the last minute. I was surprised that the film had such a widespread cult following. It just proves my theory that due to the internet, you can pretty much live anywhere now and still be on the same page as the hippest hipsters.

There was a party after the show in the theater but they had some weak drinkage, taseteless beer and fruity wine. We decided to go to another night club for some real drinks and tapas.

Jer met us and we chatted a while until I got a call from Aim asking us to come to another club. We drove over there and fought to get a parking space. We saw the line outside the door and immediately declined to participate.

This may sound elitest, but the last place I want to be is where everyone else is. Once everyone and their brother starts going somewhere, you can count me out. I don't have the patience to be packed like a sardine in with the general population. I still love the martini bar though, you'll still see me there between 5 and 8, taking advantage of happy hour.